Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Simple Obedience

As I seek God, I begin to understand the vastness of his perplexity, but also his simplistic heart for obedience. We are the ones who make it difficult. Through out this year I have had a "dry season" with God, but as I look back on these past months I realize that my life was dry because I was the one drying up the well. I Was the one building the brick well, putting up a layer between me and God, simply because I did not want do, what God told me to do. No, not on huge things, just simple ones. For example," Go and talk to her", or "let her go before you". Simple commands, but my heart was too stubborn. Stubborn because I feared. I soon realized that God spoke to me all the time, and wanted to dream through me, but I was the one saying "no". All because I feared what he would tell me next. But what I found since I have been obeying Gods voice, is that all he wants to do is bless the people around me. Not to scary when you finally submit and follow through on what God is speaking to you. God is wooing me back into his arms. Teaching me to trust him in the small things, so that he can praised and glorified by blessing other people. God is so good.
- Where we are weak, God is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment